Monday, December 8, 2008

No Cotton


I believe that I'll be skipping the Cotton Bowl this year. I'm sure this is a shocker since I've been desperate to attend a game all year, and here Tech will be playing 30 miles from my house.
Why? There is really a two part answer as to that question...
First, I realized on Saturday that Tech had already sold their allotment of tickets even though Tech had not been officially selected for the Cotton Bowl at that point. I looked on the Cotton Bowl's website and they also appeared to be running really low. I made a phone call to my friend who I was possibly going to go with and said, if we are going then we need to get on this ASAP, give me a call back today. Apparently, I did not have enough urgency in my voice, because that didn't happen. By the time I got back in touch with them on Sunday night, the Cotton Bowl website was so crowded that you had to be put in a queue to even get through. I check early this morning and the only seats available were way upper end zone. All tickets were $100, and that seemed like a lot to pay for crappy seats when I could have good seats from my couch for free.


Second, and maybe most importantly, every single Tech bowl game I have ever attended has resulted in a loss. Many of you know how superstitious I am about Tech football, so I'm willing to "take one for the team" and stay at home if that will result in a Tech victory!

1 comments:

Emilymud said...

I think it is smart not to go. Plus reason 3 should be, no vacation. Bowl games are not just about football but the "trip" too...and well you would get no trip out of the deal.

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter