Skip to main content

Good Friday = Chores on Saturday

Kids have a great day playing and doing just what their hearts' desire and that is it, it ends there. Not when you are an adult. Yesterday I had a great day doing nothing but what I wanted and not doing anything that I didn't want to do. Well today it is time to pay the piper...chores!
I'm calling it my clean up the messes Saturday. What are those messes? House, Yard and some little creature named Lola.

I had hoped to catch my neighbor's yard guy this week and have him knock out one of those chores for me (especially since my Live Oaks in the front had dropped a ton of leaves since he was here a couple of weeks ago). I usually do the yard myself, except in the spring when there are leaves and my allergies are terrible. Alas, I never caught him this week, so I decided to do it myself before my parents come tomorrow and my Dad points out how terrible it looks.

My house is a mess again too. I don't know why I'm so messy. I kind of always have been and it used to drive my mom nuts. I will just not put things back where they go, so then I have to spend an hour on Saturdays putting things back where they go! It drives me nuts, but at 32, I doubt I'm really going to change.

As far as the mess named Lola, well see for yourself:

Could her beard be pointing in any more different directions?!?! She actually hasn't had a bath in a while because of the surgery and stitches, etc. She will probably get groomed this week, but she has to have a bath and get all clean and shiny for Easter Sunday.

I hope to get this house and dog cleaned up soon because I have a couple of things I would like to do today. I have three DVDs that arrived this week from Netflix that I'm anxious to watch... "Doubt", "Marly and Me" (I was too afraid to go watch this at the theatre because I was scared that I would go into an horribly ugly crying fit at some point in the movie), and the first of nine disks of the HBO series "In Treatment".

On another note, you may have noticed that I took down the "name the blog" vote earlier than I had planned. I heard from the blog lady and she was ready to get started on my design. Instead of going to the end of the line because I hadn't decided on a name yet, I hurried up and with her help (and patience with me) came up with a name. I actually decided that I wasn't in love with any of the names I proposed and after combing through the dictionary (yes, really), I came up with a name I really like and think is clever. You will have to stay tuned....

Finally, I just heard that my junior high gifted and talented teacher and her husband (who was a local vet before he retired) lost their home in the Montague County fires on Thursday. They apparently watched the fires closely all day and it looked like they were fine, but at about 5:00 p.m. the winds shifted directions and they only had 15 minutes to get out of dodge. It is so sad and scary. I hear that now they are wishing that they had saved different things from what they did. I know a couple of years ago when my parents had to evacuate the fires, I was mad at Mom for not getting certain things when they left. She said it was difficult to even think when you were told to "get out" (not to mention she had my Dad to deal with who was freshly home from the hospital with two broken arms and two blown shoulders!)...yes, I realize I was a jerk for even complaining. Luckily they were spared in those fires.

I guess it is important for all of us to make a prioritized evacuation list. You know what we take if we have 30 seconds to get out (people and pets), what we take if we have a few minutes, 30 minutes, etc. Maybe if we made the lists in advance, we would remember some of the things we would want if ever, god forbid, we were in an emergency situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo