Skip to main content

Sleepless in McKinney

I started planning and plotting last night to revamp my blog. I am getting professional help... not for my obsessive designing issues, but professional blog help! I have been eyeing this one designer for a while and contacted her yesterday. We were in e-mail contact many times, some conversation was about the blog, some was just about other things. She viewed my blog briefly and said that she feels as though she is really my long lost sister, AND she is originally from McKinney! Too crazy! Poor thing, I hope I'm not too obsessive about things and drive her nuts, plus by claiming to be "sisters" she upped the ante and I now have greater expectations that she will "get me" and get "my vision"!

Anyway, as with every creative type of project I take on, I couldn't stop thinking about it last night! I honestly don't think I got more than 1-2 hours of sleep all night. Of course, it was an early morning of subbing again, so that didn't really help things either.

The good news is that today was my last early subbing morning and Lola hasn't seemed as out of sorts today as she did on Monday. After I finished all the work for the day, I took advantage of the warm sunny day and my need for a nap and took to the chaise lounge outside.

Tomorrow is going to be a little crazy. I have court in the morning and then have to be back at 1:30 for a plea that could take 30 minutes or 3 hours...who knows! Hopefully it will be the shorter because I have class tomorrow night. It shouldn't be too late of a night though because my 7:00 class is taking a test and I told them they could just leave after the test instead of having a lecture then.

That brings us to Friday! I have big plans for a great day on Friday, so I'm really hoping they pan out as planned. I plan to go over to the Angelica in Plano/Frisco and see a movie. I also plan to hit up a couple of shops over there and have a nice relaxed day.

Comments

Abby said…
Going to see the new Hannah Montanna movie? I just know you are dying to see it!! E can't wait to see it and her dad is equally excited. Poor Dude that he has to settle with Hannah Montanah as his movie choice!!
Emily said…
I can't wait to see your new blog. I am sure it will be amazing. Oh and don't take Abby's movie advice, that is unless you are 5-13 years of age! I think the Knowing looks good,

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo