Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter's on its way...

I made a quick trip down to Dallas today to play Easter Bunny and deliver some goodies to my cousins. I had filled cute little felt pails with candy, pencils, etc. They were wrapped in cellophane and tied with an adorable springy looking ribbon, complete with green and pink tags I had made. Why am I being so descriptive? Because they were so freakin' cute and I forgot to take a photo before I delivered them!

What necessitated their delivery today was that I had made a few cookies yesterday and wanted to include them with their treats...


I spent the better part of all day yesterday making cookies! I made daisies...

Easter Bonnets...

Easter Eggs...

Bunny Butts...
Lots and Lots of Bunny Butts!

While down in Dallas, I made a pit stop at one of my favorite nurseries
They are a great place to go for something a little different. Of course they have all the standard stuff too, but it is a little pricey (probably worth it...their geraniums are to die for, but pricey)

Anyway, ever since I went to the arboretum last week, I have been obsessed with the idea of getting some Voodoo Fuchsias. I figured Nicholson was a good place to look for them. They didn't have Voodoo Fuchsias, but they did have something called Shadow Dancer Fuchsias which the expert there said could tolerate our heat a little better than the Voodoos. They look similar...
Would you just look at them...
Fabulous!
I also got a different variety of impatients to mix in with the fuchsias. They are called Butterfly Impatients and are a dwarf variety so they won't get as big as the regular old impatients...
I'm afraid that this is going to necessitate some work in the near future!

4 comments:

Mom said...

I love the bunny butts! Your easter eggs look much better than mine. I made crosses for the holy week service, tomorrow. The flowers you bought are beautiful. The weather, today, has given me spring fever and in the mood to plant flowers.

Abby said...

I love the cookies. So cute!! I need some good plants for my yard...can't find such a good nursery as you have. I'm guessing they would never tolerate my heat!! I will look on!

courtney said...

i think my kids would like for you to be their mom......

Spotted-Bird said...

When should I expect my cookies?

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter