Skip to main content

Fashion and Food in Phone Pics

Friday was kind of a bust at Canton. Apparently early February is not the month to go. There were lots of sales, but not a ton of new merchandise. On Sunday, I met my friends Suzanna for breakfast at Northpark. She was in town from Midland, so I got to see her and her little boy. After breakfast we walked down to see the turtles and ducks. We passed by Louis and I loved their display so much I had to take a couple of pictures with my phone...

Can you think of anything more heavenly than a cupcake topped with a Louis?  I cannot.



Then I met up with Lisa and we headed to the Dallas Museum of Art. We had been wanting to see the John Paul Gaultier exhibit. It has been there since November and only runs another couple of weeks. We were unprepared for how crowded it was! Apparently everyone is dashing to the DMA to see it before it leaves. They didn't allow cameras in the exhibit. Here is a phone pic I took as we were waiting our turn to go inside...



I lifted some photos from D magazine to show you more examples of the exhibit...

One thing to note, the mannequins were animated...

At first, they freaked me the heck out, but then I was almost more focused on the mannequins than I was the clothing.  They were like a weird modern art installation.  Some were even speaking.

Some of the stuff was just plain outlandish. 

It was amazing to see how many hours each and every couture piece took to create.
It's hard to see but that camo dress below (first dress on the far left of the frame) took over 1000 hours to construct.  It was also interesting to see how delicate the items were.  After probably only one wear, you could see the wear and tear.  Interestingly enough, even the pret-a-porter garments looked very fragile.



 
After we left the exhibit, we went and grabbed lunch at The Angry Dog and then I headed home.  For dinner and my own private super bowl party I made chicken tacos from a Pinterest recipe...
 



They were yummy. Of course I think that the yumminess was enhanced by this giant bowl of pico I whipped up (as well as the fresh guacamole that I made)!

Comments

Abby said…
I think we are going to have those tacos for dinner tomorrow! They look yummy! Of course I'm forcing them to eat chili tonight because the heater came on today-I'm obsessed with chili! They will wish we were eatting tacos instead! Ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Oatmeal {Copy Cat Recipe}

I'm obsessed with Swiss Oatmeal.  I particularly love   Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal.  If you are not familiar with Swiss Oatmeal, it is a cold oatmeal cereal with fruit and nuts. I've had a similar recipe for years, but it was only similar.  It wasn't close enough for my liking.  So I finally set out into the land of Pinterest to find a recipe that was a good Copy Cat.  I found a few, combined them and came up with what I think is a very close Copy Cat Recipe of Corner Bakery's Swiss Oatmeal. Here's what I do (note, this recipe is really just pictures, because I don't really have measurements for these things.  The photos aren't great, but it's easier if I show you what I do)... Here's the Phase 1 ingredients...   Milk Honey Yogurt (I use a vanilla greek yogurt) Oats (old fashioned, not quick...you probably could do steel cut too)    I've simplified this to where you only need a bowl and a spoon for Phase 1 becau

Europe 2023 {Day 9 ~ Munich & Bavarian Alps}

 On Tuesday, December 20th I grabbed breakfast at the hotel and then walked about 15 minutes to where I met my tour for the day.  On my first visit to Munich, I only had time for one "day trip" outside of the city and I chose to go to Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial, but I always knew I wanted to venture down to the Bavarian Alps and see some castles on my next visit.  I had booked the premium tour and it was so fancy.  There was a snack bar and they even served beer and wine on the way home after the last stop of the day.  First stop was at Linderhof Castle. This was a "small" castle of King Ludwig's that was a partial mini-replica of Versailles.  It was a snowy walk to the castle... Interior photos were not allowed, but you can see some pics of the interior HERE Like Versailles, there are fountains and sculptures surrounding Linderhof, but they cover the statues with wood huts to protect them from the winter elements. After visiting Linderhof, we made a (to

It's all about the dress...

I mean I guess it's really all about getting married, but come on, you always anticipate the dress right?  Well holy moly folks!  Today a big secret was released to the press.  No, we still don't know which dress or tiara Kate will be wearing, but we heard for the first time that Princess Diana had a back-up dress!  Here are some of the pictures and sketches... Real dress on Left~ Back-up on the Right Here are the sketches of the back-up dress And you know what?  I like the back-up dress better than the one she wore!  I know, I know.  I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but I'll just confess it right now... My name is Kara and I've never thought Princess Diana's dress was all that and a bag of chips.  Nope.  Not my favorite Royal Wedding Dress by any stretch of the imagination.  What is my favorite?  Probably the one that Sarah Ferguson wore when she married Andrew... It had beautiful beading and stitching throughout.  Also on the train it had an &quo