Monday, June 11, 2012

Low Key

Low Key.  That about sums up my weekend.  I was dead tired y'all.  I had a heck of week last week, so I was just trying to recover.  I was running all over doing "law stuff", plus Summer school started, so I was tired from teaching 4 nights last week.  Luckily, I think that this week is going to be better. 

Lola and I just hung out.  I intended to go to Hobby Lobby on Saturday to get some stuff to make a door wreath for the 4th.  I took a shower, fixed my hair, put on make-up, got dresses, grabbed my purse, walked out into the garage to get into the car, and just decided I didn't have it in me. 

Lola was pleased with my decision.  Lots of petting for her...




On Saturday, I watched some recordings in my DVR and some movies.  I finally watched "Iron Lady".  I was hungry for a BLTA (BLT with Avocado).  I fried up some bacon and made a glorious BLTA (though I realized after the fact that I forgot the lettuce!). 
{sorry iphone pic}


I'm not a big fan of bacon, so this was a weird craving for me, and I have to admit it was the first time I have ever in my 35 years fried bacon.  Not that it was hard or anything, I've just never done it.  I fried it on my grill burner so that I didn't have the mess/smell inside.

I got inspired by Pinterest and made some poptails... cocktail in the form of a popsicle. 

They looked so pretty...

Tasted like BLEH!  Pinterest fail!  At least I didn't actually buy anything to make them, since I had all ingredients on hand (and in some cases about to outlive their refrigerator shelf life).

On Sunday, I tried to read the paper, but my friend doesn't like the diverted attention, so she manages to work her way into the situation...
{again iphone pic}

I watched several marathons on television... Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta, Say Yes to the Dress (Bridesmaids Atlanta), and Whale Wars.  It was quite the weekend.  Actually, I think it was just what I needed.  Hope you had a good one too!

1 comments:

Legally Lovely said...

Oh my gosh - that BLTA looks so, so good. I haven't ever thought to put avocado on a BLT, but it could only be more delicious. Can't wait to see your 4th of July wreath!

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter