Monday, January 7, 2013

Party for One

Because I'm beyond obssessed with Downton Abbey...
Because I love hosting a party...
Because my Downton friends don't live in town...
and
Because I'm a little crazy...
I threw my own little Downton Abbey Premier party for one!
My dinner...
 Nothing about the food itself was Downton themed, but the union jack was represented.
Earlier in the day, I made some Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies...

I needed to use up some cream cheese that I stock-piled (for no particular reason) during a sale, and I found the recipe on Pinterest.  They turned out really good...

 so they were perfect for biscuits and tea during the premier...
 iphone pic
P.S. I'm in love with this tea that I got for Christmas!
P.P.S.  PBS ran a great special on Highclere Castle, and the Earl & Countess of Carnarvon, just prior to the Downton premier.  If you didn't catch it, check into it to see if they are running it again.  It was really good!  I'm so desperate to visit!!!!



P.P.P.S. Downton was wonderful!  I think I'm going to have to rewatch it!

4 comments:

Mom said...

The cookies are fabulous!

Emily said...

Funny I had never heard of this show until my facebook blew up yesterday with people as excited as you. Guess I should look into it! Love you party!!

Legally Lovely said...

I JUST started watching it on Saturday night and have finished the second season already. LOVE IT. I love that you drink tea when you watch it too!!

The Cooper Family said...

Love your tray! So glad you got it.

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter