Monday, July 1, 2013

4th of July Decorations

I really do love decorating for the 4th of July, and luckily, it is one of the easiest holidays to decorate for.  The first step is to buy a bunch of flags and stick them all around.  I have them in all my potted plants, both in the front and back yard.



For the most part, everything is the same as in previous years.  This year, I didn't have enough ambition to get out the ladder and staple gun and put the bunting above the door.
Those 3 metal flags are a new addition, and I always love uncle sam being the greeter.
The USA firecrackers are new also.




For the inside, I made a new banner to go with the mantle decorations.
I purchased flag fabric a couple of years back and never did anything with it.

I was finally inspired by this garland that Pottery Barn was selling this year to make my own.

I bought some rope and started creating my own garland.  
I think total cost for the project was less than $6!
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

2 comments:

Rebeka said...

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday -- I really like all of your decorations, they're so festive!

Legally Lovely said...

You always do such a good job decorating! I have a soft spot for your Radko Christmas trees, but I love your 4th of July decorations too! That bunting turned out really pretty!!

 

2009 sweet cheeky designs sweet cheeky designs

Site Meter